The Great Neck Lodge, located off Lakeville Road in Lake Success, was one of the six toll lodges designed by John Russell Pope. As shown in this photo looking east, Lake Success was the western terminus of the Motor Parkway in 1911. Note the barricade blocking access to the Lakeville Road Bridge which was under construction.
As noted in Al Velocci's book "The Toll Lodges of the Long Island Motor Parkway, and Their Gatekeeper's Lives", after the Motor Parkway closed in 1938, it was purchased by Alex and Sophie Grego for $2,500 and converted into a private home as seen here in this early 1960s photo courtesy of Dale Welsch. The Gregos had both worked on Vanderbilt's nearby former Lake Success mansion.
This photo, courtesy of Lake Success Village Historian Dr. Jack Binder, shows the Great Neck Lodge in the 1980s prior to being incorporated into a house being built on the site.
This is what remains of the "Great Neck Lodge"- a section of the kitchen of a much larger house.
As seen in this December 24, 2009 photo, the Motor Parkway right-of-way immediately east of the "Great Neck Lodge" is still intact and used as a path to the Great Neck South High School athletic fields.
Walking further east, this "Now" photo would likely be very similar to any "Then" photo of the Motor Parkway in Lake Success taken 98 years ago.